FROM Mode is a mode of Difficulty named after its' developer - FROM software.
As the game states "This mode is not for the faint of heart".
The main changes that take place in this mode:
- Dialogue - several NPCs will state that "this is your second time through" and will joke about it.
- Enemy amounts - the amount of enemies per area is ridiculously large, instead of seeing 2-3 trees you might see 10.
- Enemy Types - no more clear distinction in enemy habitats or origins,
Dungeon-only enemies will appear on the map in many places and in often cruel layouts.
- Rare enemy appearances - Blue Dragon and Crystal Slime appearance rates are much higher,
sometimes having them appear consecutively throughout many areas of the overworld map.
- Spelunker! - a new NPC, the Spelunker explorer (simply named Spelunker) will appear in the upper left area of the world map on the way to one of Sir Signe's signs.
If you help him overcome his predicament, you will be awarded with a small event, a trophy and the ability to play Spelunker mode directly from the main menu.